Analyse the Professional Skills for Business.
Divide the system by functionality. Iteration one will be to capture information about geocaches that Wayne has completed. Iteration two will be to allow Wayne to create and post his own geocaching information.
There are two systems that are sued:
- System for user information
- System for customer information
The system for the user information will maintain and gather all the information as per each of the user’s previous history log, along with the ratings and reviews of having difficulty for every hint. They will also support all the user data.
The system for the customer information will confine the information that are detailed on how the game related to geocaching played, what are the materials that are required, and also few fun that are connected with the geocaching website.
Below is the WBS for Wayne’s coaching:
Please find the MPP folder attached I have used online project plan 365 for creating the above MPP.
Here are all the tasks that I have used in the above MPP:
- Discover and analyze Wayne’s needs to record completed geocaches
- Wayne and his brother meet together to view geocaching websites and discuss Wayne’s desires.
- Identify the information that Wayne wants to keep.
- Identify the use cases to capture and store that information.
- Develop workflows for the identified use cases.
- Design the components of the solution
- Design the database tables.
- Design the input and output screens.
- Design the configuration for the laptop software application.
- Design the program details
III. Program the system
- Create the database.
- Write the computer program (includes both user interface and database updating).
- Test it and use it
- Test it with good data and bad data (check the validation).
- Wayne test it with some of his real data.
- Turn it over to Wayne to use.
Below are the details of the diagram used by the use case and also provided the class diagram that will tremendously vary such as recognize the attributes that are used.
In the above diagram, there are three actors:
- Administrator – he is having full access to all the systems of the Geocaching. The administrator can search for the geocaches, add, delete and update the information entered in the system, they can keep caches track and also their associated coordinates and also they can supervise the users that are using Geocaching.
- User – User has rights to search the geocaches with the help of the feature of search and they can add, delete and update the information that is related to the user in the system.
- Visitor – They can only create the login account in the Geocaching system and they can view videos, information and other stuff that are related to the system of Geocaching.
This is the UML (Unified Modeling Language) kind of diagram that consists of static structure which describes the system structure by providing the relationship between objects, operations, attributes and system’s classes. (Rouse, 2015)
Below are the symbols that we have used in above class diagram
( ) Index
In above class diagram we have explained that first time user comes on Geocaching website as visitor then they become user but there in only one administrator who has access to both Geocachingexperience and GeocachePhoto whereas user have access to GeocachingExperience while they try to add or update the information in the system.
Use Case: Provide the geocaching information with user’s interest
- Wayne enter the basic information that is related to the geocaching from the source places
- Wayne should get recognize the geocaching goals
- Wayne should recognize the use cases that come from the source places (Bell, 2004)
- Wayne recognizes the starting point of the use case
- Wayne recognizes the finish point of the use cases
- There should be review and scope of the interaction units by Wayne
- Wayne should review the whole data
- Wayne always provides the comments with the reason for the user’s interest (BA techniques, 2013)
The workflow includes the repeatable pattern of the business activity that are enabled with the resources of systematic firm into procedures that help in transforming the information of the procedure, services given or the materials. (Brandenburg, 2013)
Name is having Char with 30 length, waypoint code: varchar (30), Posting person varchar (25), GPS Coordinates varchar (10), Date posted DATE, City char(15), Category varchar(10), State char(15), Type Varchar (5), Country varchar (10), Difficulty char (5), Terrain num(10) and Comment varchar (300).
For designing the preliminary database some of the steps which help in converting the model that is logical data:
- Conversion of entities towards files
- Conversion of relationships to keys
- Changes are needed for improving the ease usage and performance of the database:
- Database tuning for more critical I/Os
- Changing relationship of files to shorten lengths
- Files de-normalizing for reducing the access time
- Defining extra keys for accommodating the access paths. (Borysowich, 2007)
Note: below are the only tables that are used for the application of the Geocaching
Below we have explained the symbols that we have used in the preliminary database:
In above visio diagram, we have explained that there will be 5 tables that are used and also the entities that will be in each table. The five tables that will be created are Geovisitor, Geouser, Geoadministrator, GeocachingExperience and GeocacherPhoto with the primary key as cacheid for first four tables and foreign key for the last table.
For the Geocaching system it is better to use the desktop based system so that it can be accessed online. If the network is not there then the access to the system is an issue for the Wayne, he has to think for their mobile application. Below we have provided the pros and cons for both the desktop and browser system and from there it is clearly visible that using desktop system is helpful.
Reasons of the Desktop:
- Easier for building the interface that is automated for downloading the information to the computer
- Easier for building
- Location for the database is single
- With the easy deployment single machine is used
- Sharing of the data is not easy with the other system (future growth/usage)
- From various locations system cannot able to access
Reasons of the Browser:
- It can help in sharing the data with others
- It can help in accessing the data from various locations
- Formatting of the reports is mainly very complex with the help of browser
- The security that is provided is complex – may need functionality of the login
- Somewhere there is a need of the server (uptime?)
- Browser can limit the display of the information
- It always require the access of the internet
In this, we have used the SDLC (Systems development life cycle) which is the software engineering framework used for describing the certain stages that are used for creating the system of information. They are likewise characterized as controlled focuses where programming architects can do exercises identified with improvement, testing, establishment, and design. These situations are related with the diverse stages that make up the SDLC. (Ghahrai, 2015)
Difference between interpreted and compiled implementation
In the interpreted execution, the programs that are original is get translated into else. There is other program that is known as “the interpreter” examines and performs what are the actions that are needed.
- Parallel directions for the virtual machine, regularly called bytecode.
- A tree-like portrayal of the first program, for example, a conceptual sentence structure tree, as is accomplished for some model or instructive translators
- A tokenized portrayal of the source program, like TCL
- The source programs characters, as similar to TRAC and MINT (Ramsey, 2010)
The best programming language that is used is JAVA as it is very popular and used in most of the organizations. Java is used for implementing Geocaching software and this is very secure platform to use because of the virtual machine that it is using. This is one of the primary reasons Companies worldwide are using this Language. So it’s here to stay.
The development of the android app is gaining very momentum and this is very familiar with the Java and is used for the Geocaching. (Shrivastava, 2016)
All in all, UAT is normally the last testing process preceding organization and is performed by a business analyzer who at last approves the item. Programming testing analyzes the utilitarian conduct of individual innovation segments and looks to test their coordinated component level capacity. An iterative and synergistic Programming testing/client acknowledgment testing procedure can be an intense apparatus for finding issues early and giving estimating information that aides the venture to a fruitful sending.
There are four types of testing which is used in Geocaching system:
- Unit testing – This is the programming type of testing and its main focus is to determine specific components or units of Wayne Geocaching system whether each unit got fully functional or not. In this, Geocaching system is using White-box testing method for completing the testing.
- Integration testing – This testing is also done by the programmers where group of the components are combined together for producing the result. This testing also interacts among the hardware and software in this type of testing. Geocaching system uses both white-box testing and black-box testing under this.
- System testing – This is done by the independent testers who are not part of development team. Before this testing, we have to make sure that the functional testing got completed. This is done for making sure the system can work in different environments.
- Acceptance testing – This testing is done by the end user and make sure that it is working as accepted. Before this testing, we have to make sure that stress, performance and usability testing completed so that there will be no issues with unfavorable conditions. (Pearson, 2015)
Thus, below are the steps that are used for deploying the system and various issues that are related to it:
- There should be creation of database, for linking the various version of the program.
- For storing various images that are using in Geocaching system use the libraries and various paths. There is a creation of tool that is used for exporting the data from the website which was used by the Wayne Geocaching system.
- Every week take the backup of the system and in the manual of the Geocaching there should contain steps for restoring the backup.
- With the help of the virtual server that is used in the programming language Domain address and name is added.
- In the geocaching system, login functions should be there for user, administrator and guest.
- Java script has to write for starting the Geocaching system and it should get tested fully.
- There is the manual document that was created by the programmer that helps new users to use the new system of the Wayne Geocaching.
- There are few issues
- The main issue is related to security for hacking and posting the inappropriate information to the Geocaching system.
- There are few issues that are related to various Operating systems as for some the Geocaching system may not work.
- There are few issues that are related to the development phase.
- While launching the new system of Wayne Geocaching, the major issue is the competition how this will work as some others are already there. Thus, Wayne has to do marketing and make this new system something little bit different.
- There are issues related to new system scalability and its growth in market.
- The developers have to make sure that new system of Geocaching will work on multiple browsers without any issue.
- Programmers have to make sure where and how to host the new system without any issue.
- Rouse, M., 2015, use case diagram (UML use case diagram), http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/use-case-diagram
- Bell, D., 2004, The class diagram, https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/content/RationalEdge/sep04/bell/
- BA, Techniques, 2013, Technique for identifying the use cases, https://businessanalystlearnings.com/ba-techniques/2013/3/13/techniques-for-identifying-use-cases
- Brandenburg, L., 2013, How to diagram a workflow, http://www.bridging-the-gap.com/how-to-diagram-a-workflow/
- Borysowich, C., 2007, Preliminary database design steps, http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/enterprise-solutions/preliminary-database-design-steps-15628
- Ramsey, N., 2010, What’s the difference between compiled and interpreted language?, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2657268/whats-the-difference-between-compiled-and-interpreted-language
- Ghahrai, A., 2015, Software Development Life Cycle – SDLC Phases, http://www.testingexcellence.com/software-development-life-cycle-sdlc-phases/
- Shrivastava, A., 2016, What are the benefits of learning java programming?, https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-benefits-of-learning-java-programming
- Pearson, L. 2015, The four levels of software testing, http://www.seguetech.com/the-four-levels-of-software-testing/
The active fan of the geocaching is the Wayne Johnson and they would like for keeping track of all the activities related to geocaching. Instead of using the commercial or free websites, Wayne love for having its own system of geocaching on its own system. The system require for having the support various types of geocaching activities, containing trips and listing the interesting geocaches that would love by Wayne for performing, also the geocaches that was found and trips have been taken.
This framework is basically a data following framework. What’s more, since Wayne additionally might want to make his own geocaches, he might want to have the capacity to make and depict his own particular geocaches and track those that he has posted for open utilize.
It will require its own database to monitor the greater part of the data about his exercises and his geocaches. For this first form, since he didn’t know a considerable measure about PCs, he chose it would be best just to have a framework worked to keep running on his portable workstation.
The new framework ought to do the accompanying:
- Keep track of fascinating geocach areas that have not been found yet
- Keep track of geocaches that have been found
- Record point by point and auxiliary data about found geocaches
- Keep track of new geocaches that are being made by Wayne
- Keep track of posted geocaches that Wayne has presented on geocaching locales
- Provide rundown data (reports) about Wayne geocache exercises
This framework ought to give the accompanying advantages to Wayne:
- Enable Wayne to effortlessly track the greater part of his geocaching excursions and find
- Enable Wayne to effortlessly make and post new geocaches
- Allow Wayne to share his geocaching advantages with different companions
- Allow Wayne to refresh his geocaching data while going with his portable workstation