8 references at least.
Choose one of the following questions to respond to:
1. It has been argued that lifestyle media teach us how to ‘morally and aesthetically improve ourselves’ (Bell and Hollows, 2006: 4). Discuss in relation to examples of lifestyle media.
2. What is the relationship between religion, lifestyle, and consumer culture?
3. How do consumption and/or production shape leisure practices today?
4. How ethical is ‘ethical consumption’?
5. Whose business is dying? Examine the phenomenon of death today with reference to consumer culture, possessions, lifestyle media, religion, and/or the self.
6. Choose an example of lifestyle media (e.g. from television, the Internet, or print media) and write an essay based on either:
(a) An in-depth textual analysis of a particular example of this media, OR
(b) Audience research (e.g. interviews) on how people consume or use this media